Monday, March 9, 2009

Walls are up today!!

OK....week 2 day 1 of framing the house as of today!!! I'll include quite a few pictures in this one if I have the patience to upload...we'll see...there will be at least a couple of new ones!!
I have a video I can upload too...we'll see if I can figure that one out, since I'm still having issues with the whole PDF to JPEG to uploading a picture deal!! Thanks for the help with that problem John...I tried what you said but it's not working for me!!! Ugh!!!

I'll start with today!! Today the guys...Tom, Richard, and Mel's brother, Will got all the exterior walls up including the garage walls. It was a freezing cold day...and windy too.. but it's pretty much always windy up where the land is!! The kids and I went out to take a look and I had to put Josiah in his snow pants and boots, and heavy coat so he could roam around the house!!
So hats off to the guys for enduring the harsh weather conditions to get all those walls up today and also the massive huge beams that go over the garage exterior walls! Man those looked heavy!! At one point Richard did comment on the fact that his he couldn't feel his lips or nose because they were numb from the cold!! Crazy!! Thanks for all the hard work and effort!! We truly appreciate it!! The guys are so talented to be able to frame up an entire house!! It's such a great accomplishment!

So I guess this post will be one of much rambling!!!

Friday the guys worked on building walls on the ground to get them ready to be put up today!
The concrete for the garage was poured and worked on all day on Friday! It was covered in tarps to protect it from the cold! I tell ya...the weather is so wierd! It has hailed twice in the last week! Josiah was trying to catch the hail in his hand today....he caught some then he licked the water off!! So cute!!

We are at crunch time for getting the windows ordered because Tom and the guys should be done framing in two weeks and they need to have the windows set by then to get an inspection to be able to proceed with the roof!

We are having a hard time trying to figure out what kind of entry door we want...we haven't really done our homework...so now Mel is going to drive around to see what would be desireable for the house!

So begins the tedious details of picking and choosing so many different components to the finish work of the house!! We are looking at trim as well as windows..should we get a dining room door with or without the interior blinds, should we have a privacy window in the master bath since it's the only window in the bathroom unfortunately! Should we put a sink in the laundry/utility room...Tom says no & Mel says yes!! What kind of floor will we choose?? We really need to go look around at stuff, which we haven't done!! If you have any input...let us know!

Mel started work on Wed, so it has been a busy week and of course that's my excuse for not blogging until now...I almost bailed out of blogging tonight as well, but I made myself!! I'm so exhausted...so much to do so little time is what it always feels like on my end of things!! Hannah's been congested but is now getting over it, and that is emotionally draining because you hope that they feel OK even though you can tell they are miserable when they can't hardly breathe!! So Hannah is on the up and up! Josiah is such an awesome kid...so very good....although he wears Mama out throughout the day as he in the the testing boundaries stage. It's fun but sometimes frustrating and exhausting!! We love our kids and are so very thankful they are healthy and happy! We are BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE!!!!

We love you all and thanks for keeping up with us on this blog deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment