Thursday, March 12, 2009

Interior walls today!

OK...no pictures tonight but I definitely wanted to journal the last couple of days! I wasn't able to make it to the property on Tuesday, but the hard work the guys accomplished that day was putting up the sheeting on the exterior part of the walls.

Today...the kids and I went to see the new, exciting changes taking place which was the interior walls were being built and put up!! It was so neat to see!!

Another cold day today...not sure how cold but it felt like freezing cold weather!! Amazing! The guys said that in the morning it was even worse than what it was in the afternoon when we showed up, and it was so so freezing cold! I felt bad!! If it were up to me...I would have gone home and snuggled back in bed to go back to sleep!



Thanks so much Richard and Will for helping Tom out with this...you guys ROCK!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Tom would never have gotten this far without you guys there to help him get 'er done!!



The mini dilema we face at the moment is how to arrange the 2nd bathroom. As the guys began snapping lines and putting up interior walls the dimensions come to life, of course, as compared to looking at the plan on paper. Everything seems so small....but its twice the size and more of what we occupy now...



With that said the 2nd bathroom is so small, it seems, and we are trying to figure out a way to maximize space but also making it feel more open and not so cramped because the toilet is right next to the shower! Richard had a good idea that Tom wanted me to come out to see, and I agreed that it was a good idea. It was to move the toilet to the opposite wall so it opens up the space in front of the tub.



So Tom spent tonight drawing up a couple different scenarios he would frame up. Both scenarios involve getting rid of the hall closet and he's taking away my space for a cool bench in the utility room....he says there's still room for 15 in. of bench...

My thinking is it would be nice to have a spot to sit and take off your shoes and put on some slippers coming in from the garage! Also a spot to hang our coats and keep our hats, gloves, some shoes, etc. Especially since we are going to get rid of both hall closets!! We are being bold....

Tom called Grandma Forrest today to have her look at the set of plans she has with her at home to see what she thought of some things we are thinking of changing. She had good input as well!



Wow...so many decisions! So Tom says trusses are coming on Friday!! How exciting!



I will hopefully post some pics tomorrow!



Thanks for reading! I'm thoroughly enjoying everyone's input in regards to all the things I'm posting and my polls I've put up!! As far as the sink in the utility...I think Tom is certainly trumped!! Everyone seems to be on my side with that!! :) With the blinds, I've heard a mix of yes and no. Definitely a little more difficult to weigh out! Thanks for the input...I love hearing it all!! So good to get second opinions since there are so many ways to think of something but our two brains can only think of so much!! Thanks for sharing your brain power!!

Take care all!



...........to be continued!

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT idea for a blog! I love it! I am so happy for you that you are building a house! Where is it at? And I totally agree with you, if you aren't going to have hall closets, you NEED a place to keep all of that stuff. I have always wanted a little mud area with a cute bench and what not. Pottery Barn's catalogs have some GREAT ideas (kids and adults). Even if most of the population can't afford the stuff the ideas are still there! And you can go somewhere else and buy it! Woo hoo! I am excited to watch the progress! Congrats on the house!

    ReplyDelete