Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Projects to finish!

A few down....and many to go!!

I guess that is the territory we now roam! Home ownership! Always a project huh??

So we are still working on the completion of the home! Tom did an AMAZING job with the fireplace surround!! I'm excited to post a picture at some point! It's beautiful and makes the living room look so beautiful!

As I type, my wonderful husband Tom is setting tile in the master bathroom shower! We are trying to decide how to design something nice in there...of course at the last minute! This should have been thought out long ago, but that's how we roll (as they say)!

I'm anxious for the time when we get to take our first shower in the enormous shower, and get to use the beautiful vanity that we got at Costco!!

Tom in the meantime has finished painting the shelving that will go in the closet of the main bath, so it's ready to be nailed up!

Tom built a wonderful mantle type coat rack that runs along the hall at the start of the entry! We got the idea from Grandma Forrest, who found a picture in a magazine of a neat coat rack with black hooks and said "You need to do this!" The picture looked so neat that we, of course, agreed and now we have the neatest looking coat rack on the block!!

Now I'm sure we are the only ones who needed this coat rack attached to their wall, as we got rid of any hall closet there was on the original plan....Tom loves the idea of a long hallway as it reminds him of his granparents home in Chelan!

The best project of all,which didn't take much time for Tom to accomplish, is my absolutely wonderful hidden garbage cans....the kind where you make a cabinet into a pull out garbage...yup we are so cool like that!! I've always dreamed of being able to hide my garbage cans by having a pullout cabinet! We bought the converter kit at Lowe's, and Lowe's and behold we are in garbage heaven???!!! Well you get the picture, right??!!

I love the pullout garbage just as much as I love the built-ins in all the closets, which I thought I loved the most before he installed the garbage pullout deal!!!

So folks thanks for taking this journey with us...even though I didn't do the greatest at posting consistently!!

If I ever do another blog I will try my best to be better at posting....until then I will hopefully get more pics up of the wonderful finish work!! Maybe I will even continue posting as we move into the spring and start the wonderful life of yard work and gardening!!

Which brings me to another project on the list....THE FENCE!! Aaagh..that will be huge laborous chore as well as a nice chunk of change!! But it will be so nice to get it up!

Goodnight all!! Love~mel

No comments:

Post a Comment